November 30, 2013

Giving Thanks

I am so thankful for all these wonderful people

I have always felt I have a blessed life, but living in the D.R. has made me even more thankful to have grown-up in the U.S. with a loving family. This Thanksgiving I was able to celebrate with volunteers in the capital and reflect on all the things and people I have to be thankful for now that I wasn't even aware of 9 months ago back in the U.S. Here is a brief and scatter-brained list of some of the things  I will never take for granted again:
  • Running Water
  • Electricity
  • Books
  • Knowledge of the world
  • Trash pick-up
  • Dental care
  • The power of generosity
  • Child Protective Services
  • Car Regulations
  • Weather Reports
  • Noise Laws
  • American Hospitals
  • Leash Laws 
  • Microwavable Food
  • Single Serve Food
  • Cell Signal
  • Potable Water

No comments:

Post a Comment