May 23, 2014

Why We Want the Library

My entire community is working to build the library. But you have only heard my reasons why you should donate to our project. Now, I am giving the mike to some of my neighbors. Here is why they want the library:

Karen at the library construction site
Karen, library committee member and mother of three – “We need the library for the development of our kids. There are many poor people in the community who don’t have access to the Internet. They have kids in school and no money to pay for extra costs, like materials for class projects.”







Emely
 Emely, library committee member and in the 7th grade – “I want a library so I can research information for my homework. Right now, I can’t do all of my homework because sometimes I have to go to town to use the Internet. A trip into town costs too much money for me to go every week for homework. A library would make my life better.”



Jose and his sister Ari
 






Jose, 5th grade – “My mom says we need a library because I get in too much trouble when I am not in school. I want a library so I can read books.”


Darilyn
 


Darilyn, library committee member and in the 11th grade – “Every community needs a library because every community has students. The library will help us with our studies, and we will learn more.”
Mauricio
 

 Maurcio, library committee member, farmer and grandfather – “The library will help the community, especially the youth, to become more educated. The library will also provide economic benefits for the community. Parents will have more money to spend because everything their children need for school will be within walking distance.”
Clariza
 


Clariza, Library Comittee President, hair stylist and mother – “The library is needed by the whole community. For example, parents who can’t provide their children with school supplies. Also, there is no recreational center in the community. The library will be a safe place where the youth can hangout. It will keep kids off the street.”
 
Daneisi and Daniela


Daneisi and Daniela, kindergarten and 1st grade – “We want to learn to read.”

Ready to donate? Click here!

Mil gracias, a thousand thank yous to those of you who have already donated. Please continue to spread the word to family and friends.

Just a reminder: All donations are tax deductible, and 100% of donations will go to our project. 

Also, you can donate offline. Although donating on-line is the fastest way for projects to get funded, you may also donate by mail or over the phone:

Send a check to:
Peace Corps Headquarters
Office of Gifts and Grants Management
1111 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20526

Please make check payable to Peace Corps Partnership Program
Please also note the project number (14-517-025) in the memo section of the check.
(Please print and mail this donation form with your check, so Peace Corps can contact you with information regarding your donation, if necessary.)
-or-
Call the office and Peace Corps can take your credit card information over the phone at 855.855.1961 x2170.

No comments:

Post a Comment